Friday, April 1, 2016

Endless Editing


.
So, I've filmed it all. (I hope)

Yesterday I reshot a lot of the shots from Tuesday and then finished up everything I needed. The opening sequence was a lot harder to shoot than I anticipated. The hardest part, I believe, was trying to explain my idea to Summer, who has never really worked with anything in film. For example, talking in technical terms to her made no sense whatsoever.

Still of Mia taking out Polaroids
I also made a lot of changes within filming. (I know...I know) At first, I wanted to just have Mia scroll through her journal and be so moved by one photo, but before filming I decided that I wanted her to remove the Polaroids from the journal, since it just felt more intimate. We started out filming the second idea, but it just seemed to be too time consuming. So, for a few other shots I just had her leave them in. At the time, this seemed like the best idea, so I went with it and filmed around the fact that all the Polaroids were left inside the journal, which required to change majority of the shots.

However, while showing Summer what I had edited last night, it just didn't sit right with me. It just didn't evoke emotion and felt boring and uneventful. So I decided to watch the shots with her taking the Polaroids out, but just sped it up and I LOVE IT. It still is really long, nearly 2 minutes, compared to a minute. However, I feel like if I set my mind to it, I can achieve anything.
A preview into my own personal hell

Right now I'm just reediting everything. Since I have Windows and don't want to pay for any editing system, I asked Summer to borrow her Mac in order to use IMovie to edit. At first, it was fine, but now I have complications. So at the moment, I'm just going to edit the entire film on Windows Movie Maker and then touch it up, in terms of coloring and cropping with IMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment