Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fun Times in the Making

This week I'm looking to film, hopefully. Summer is going away on Saturday and Alex's extended family has come to visit for Easter on Sunday. My work schedule is also pretty booked at the moment, but I am determined to make it work. My opening scene really require two filming locations: Mia's bedroom and Vista View Park. Majority of the scene will take place within Mia's bedroom and the memory will take place at Vista View.

A Picnic Under A Tree ;')
I chose Vista View Park as the first and only memory to be shown in the opening because it holds a lot of meaning to me. As well as the fact that it is a very visually beautiful place to shoot. The memory I had in mind was an outdoor picnic under a tree, a common activity for Summer, Alex, and I. I was hoping to illicit the same feeling of happiness and warmth I feel whenever I am with them.

As for Mia's room I chose to use Summer's actual bedroom because I like the way she has it staged. As well as how it fits her character, as it is very minimalistic, yet holds a lot of personality.

I added a few pictures of my storyboard. I apologize for the messy nature of it, but I am in no way Picasso. It's not 100% accurate for what's going on in my head, especially since my ideas change and grow everyday, but it's leading me in the right direction. I also know it's short, but majority of the shots will be of Mia's journal and I didn't want to draw every page. I do know how I want it though. More to come in my next posting.

Storyboard Part 1
Storyboard Part 2

1 comment:

  1. I really like your posting schedule and the visuals you've included in your posts. When you talked about your idea in "Got It!" I wasn't really sure of what direction you wanted to go with with your opening and it wasn't really clearly explained in your next posts; however; your story board did help a lot to give me a better idea. I really do like the idea of starting the credits with the opening of the journal. I would add a more clear description of your opening along with this post.

    ReplyDelete