Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Music??!!

Even since the announcement of the project I have been searching for the perfect song for my opening, which has been certainly hard. I have constantly listening to Spotify playlists nonstop just trying to at least get a feel for the opening song.

"Bill Murray" lyrics
For a while I was IN LOVE with "Graveyard" by Robert Schwartzman from Palo Alto and even attempted to contact the record company, but got no response whatsoever. So with a lot of heartbreak, I settled on finding another song. However, it did help set the tone on what type of song would be. I definitely wanted the song to have an instrumental part at the beginning and possibly some synth in it. I also know I definitely don't want the entire song to be instrumental however and I do want it to be an Indie or an Alternative song. I feel as if the genre helps represent the character. I also want the song to have lyrics that somewhat pertain to the issues within the film.

Right now I'm really feeling "Bill Murray" by Phantogram. I love the way it sounds and I feel like it fits my film perfectly.

I went on their website earlier and saw they linked their contact information. I will email them when I'm sure this is the song I want and hope for a response, but for now I'm still on the hunt for copyright-free music as a backup.

1 comment:

  1. The stylistics of your blog are fantastic. Not only do you have a clear voice in your posts but you establish a style and expectation within your blog that appears as if it will emulate in your film as well. I feel like your blog and your film will complement each other well. Although the structure of your blog is great (with engaging and meaningful photos and a simple yet effective layout), your writing style withing the post has frequent grammatical errors which can confuse your audience (readers) and even disconnect them. Just have a friend proof read your posts and you should be perfectly fine! I'm very excited to see the result of all your relevant and meaningful research and your clearly defined production decisions.

    ReplyDelete